We’re looking to add a Pension Plan Administrator to our team.
Bilsland Griffith Benefit Administrators is a third party pension and benefit plan administrator based in Burnaby. We work closely with the members and Trustees of negotiated cost pension and benefits plans in delivering superior member service and accurate plan administration.
Our team is made up of pension and benefit administrators, data analysts, accountants, support staff and consultants, focusing on making sure that plan members understand the benefits that have been negotiated on their behalf. Our clients value our breadth of experience and attention to detail in administering their plans.
We have an opportunity for an experienced pension administrator with a strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to understand and apply detailed pension plan provisions. Additionally, the role requires strong customer service skills, as the successful candidate will deal directly with plan members in person or over the phone.
Intermediate Excel skills are required, along with strong math skills and an analytical aptitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicate and answer incoming calls from multi-employer pension plans and other clients as requested.
- Meet with members in person and respond to inquiries to discuss their entitlements.
- Termination and retirement packages
– Calculate entitlements upon a member’s retirement or termination.
– Prepare payment authorizations for terminated and retired members.
- Death before/after retirement calculations
– Advise and prepare final instructions relating to death benefit.
- Marriage breakdown calculations
- Maintain records for members, updating information as required.
- Review member records to ensure up to date information is in place and to confirm authenticity of caller.
- Notify all related service providers of any information changes.
Administration and Additional Duties
- Draft letters and send out entitlement packages.
- Follow up on correspondence sent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5 years pension administration experience.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, preferably in business, computer science, mathematics or related discipline.
- Advanced math and analytical skills.
- Intermediate level skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Access, Word) and related databases.
- Effective listening, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Enthusiasm for digging into spreadsheets, numbers and data.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, stating previous related experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.