BG is focused exclusively on pension and benefit plans. With the shrinking Canadian marketplace for administration outsourcing, a niche firm like BG makes sense. Single employer and multi employer plans are different. Multi employer pension and benefit plans require different IT systems, administrative organization, skill sets and focus. Trustees of these plans rely on much more than the Administrator’s technical expertise. They also rely on the Administrator’s ability to work directly with auditors, actuaries, lawyers and other service providers. And – they must be responsive to the needs of a diverse group of Trustees. Trustees of multi employer, negotiated cost pension and benefit plans rely on the Administrator to schedule, plan, facilitate, attend and minute regular Trustee meetings. They rely on the Administrator to bring forward relevant member issues and potentially recommend Plan changes. It’s a tall order.
The Administrators at Bilsland Griffith have all made the choice to work with the Trustees of these unique types of plans. Barb and Stephanie have a combined experience of more than 40 years in administering negotiated cost benefit plans. Mostly here in British Columbia.
Bilsland Griffith is focused on sustained growth with clients in this niche market. If you are interested in hearing more about what makes us different from your existing administration services provider – just give us a call.
Our Key Service Offerings:
- Fast and accurate member calculations;
- Responsive call centre with same/next business day return calls;
- Website development, including online pension calculators;
- One on one member information meeting;
- Organization/attendance at Trustee meetings;
- All year end functions;
- Contribution reconciliations;
- Pension and benefit eligibility tracking;
- Dental and extended health claims adjudication;
- Health Spending Account administration.